13. Mexico 墨西哥
Gesture: Lift your arm with your palm towards your face.
手勢:手掌朝面舉起手臂。
Meaning:"Thank you."
意義:“謝謝你。”
Gesture: Bunch your fingers together on one or both hands, facing upwards, and shake them.
手勢:一只手或雙手向上聚攏手指,上下搖動。
Meaning: A lot of something("mucho").
意義:表示數量很多。
Gesture: Tap the palm of your hand with the opposite elbow.
手勢:手肘向下擊打另一只手的手掌。
Meaning: Stingy.
意義:表示吝嗇小氣。
14. USA 美國
Gesture: Cross index and middle finger and hold up.
手勢:食指和中指向上交叉。
Meaning:"Good luck."
意義:“祝你好運。”
Gesture: make a circle with your finger and thumb and fingers raised up.
手勢:拇指和食指圍成一個圈,其他手指朝上。
Meaning:"Everything is OK."
意義:“一切順利。”
Gesture: Reach your fist out to touch another fist.
手勢:雙拳輕碰。
Meaning:"Hi friend."
手勢:“你好,朋友。”
Communicating with hand gesture is a great short-cut to interacting with the locals. Try learning a handful of them to build an instant rapport with your new friends and neighbours.
用手勢交流是與當地人溝通的一大捷徑。通過學習一系列的手勢,可以與新朋友、鄰居迅速建立起親密關系。
Work the World said: 'The beauty of hand gestures is that you can say so much with one move.
“工作世界”認為:“手勢的美妙之處在于一個動作就包含千言萬語。”
'Unlike a spoken language that requires multiple combinations of vocab, grammar and tone, you don't have to be an expert to communicate with your hands.
“語言交流通常需要詞匯,語法與語調的多重結合,而用手勢交流并不要求你在這方面有多精通。”
'That said, it is well worth brushing up on the basics before you leave the hotel room.'
“也就是說,在離開賓館之前,復習一下基本的手勢表達是很有必要的。”